As fall begins to creep in, we may not be ready to completely let go of our nights out lounging on the patio, and luckily we don’t have to! With the help of some electric balcony heaters, we have the opportunity to continue enjoying our outdoor space without jeopardizing the comfort of our friends and family.
The best electric balcony heaters to keep you warm this winter are:
- Frontgate Commercial Patio Heater
- RSH Portable Electric Infrared Patio Heater
- Dr Infrared Heater DR-238 Carbon Infrared Heater
- Tradesman and Tripod Outdoor Infrared Heater
- Hanging Umbrella Electric Patio Heater
- Remington REM-211CF-120 Radiant 1200W Electric Portable Heater
The real question is what is the best electronic heater for your space and budget. There are many options to choose from all, ranging from their perks. Let’s look at ways we can evaluate electric heaters when making our decision and the different types of choices you may have when choosing an electric heater.
How To Choose The Right Electric Balcony Heater
There’s a handful of considerations to consider when looking at which electronic balcony heater will work best for you and your space.
Consider the following:
- Wattage: Electric heaters vary in the number of watts depending on the area of size their covering to provide heat. A reasonable frame of reference is that 1,000 watts will equal a total of 1 kilowatt, which means that the heater is utilizing 1.5 kilowatts of power. Where this comes into play is considering the amount an electric heater will cost for utilities.
- Size & Style: Depending on the balcony or patio space may be needed to have a focused area that is heated because that’s where you intend to spend your time or the place itself you may like to have heated.
In this case, there will be a difference in what an overhead-heating lamp that attaches to the ceiling will offer and what a stand-alone electric heater with infrared capabilities will offer. Both great options, depending on the circumstances.
- Installation: Installation is an essential factor for people, and luckily, when it comes to electric heaters, we are in luck. Most (if not all) are portable and lightweight. Installation for most of the following electric heaters listed comes with ease.
- Features: An essential consideration out of these lists is the other features that electric heaters may come with for extra safety. When there are children or pets present, it’s vital to take every precaution necessary to avoid injury. Electronic heaters’ features are a plus, as they’re built-in with overheating sensors or made with materials that are okay to the touch.
- Overall Cost: As with any product, the cost is something that should always be taken into consideration. However, electric heaters are even more important to focus on, as there is also the efficiency that must be taken into account. Electric heaters will impact utilities and, therefore, may play a contributing factor in someone’s decision.
Try considering the above for the following products. We’ve broken them down into categories to navigate each individual’s potential interest better and need.
Whether you have a small area that needs added warmth with a portable electric heater or a large balcony that needs hanging electric heaters, there’s one that will fill both needs and, best of all, with style.
What’s The Difference Between Electric Heaters and Gas Heaters?
When purchasing electric heaters, it’s essential to know the pros and cons to make sure you’re making the right decision for the space of your home. Some of the pros of an electric heater are that it’s nice not to depend on natural gases to warm the room or space and move where heat is desired.
Especially nice for families who have children or pets, and safety features can serve as an extra benefit to consider.
One of the downsides to electric heaters is that it has an impact on utilities. Since they’re electric, they tend to raise the electric bill depending on how much they’re used. Though, some may argue that in comparison to a gas furnace, it’s expense is comparable and worth it to eliminate the fear that comes with gas furnaces, such as the fear of carbon monoxide.
Furthermore, if the home using gas heating isn’t adjacent to gas lines, there is a further expense in getting these lines installed.
So, the purchase is genuinely up to which works best for the consumer and their home’s outfitting and unique design. Luckily, the electric heater can be versatile through their different designs:
- Portable: Portable Electric heaters can be taken out of storage when needed and placed outside in the seating area.
- Ceiling/Hanging: Hanging electric heaters are discreet and can also serve as an “out-of-sight, out-of-mind” design that also frees up space on the balcony area.
- Standing: For a more permanent situation that arguably gives up a more substantial heat distribution, it may serve as the best-fixed option for your patio, weather-proof and durable, these are built to last long.
- Discreet: Some electric heaters can be creative! Some double as tables where they’re circular design heats everyone around it, or they can hide beneath umbrellas.
Whatever the need, whatever space you’re trying to cover, and with whatever decor you’re looking to match, we’re confident that it’s on the list.
Electric Heaters With Most Consistent Heating
Frontgate Commercial Patio Heater
This portable heater packs in the heat within a convenient and portable package. Stainless steel burners and a broad base to help stay secure. This heater showcases the best in overall performance while looking good doing it. It includes a safety shut-off and provides wheels at its base for ease of movement.
Dr Infrared Heater DR-238 Carbon Infrared Heater
This mounted wall heater gives optimal heat that isn’t influenced by wind patterns and proves to be 90% energy efficient. This heater proves to be comparable in price and performance than it’s propane counterparts with the added benefit of odor-free and safe infrared features. Recommended for locations with shelter.
Electric Heaters For Large Balconies and Patios
Bromic Heating Tungsten Smart-Heat 6000W Dual Element Electric Infrared Patio Heater
This electric infrared heater can produce heat up to 160 feet. An impressive amount of heat right where you want it, made with an adjustable bracket making it easy to move in any direction. Made weather-resistant and designed with a frosted cover that reduces the bright glare with a soft luminescent light.
Infratech CD4024SS Dual Element – 4,000 Watt Electric Patio Heater
This heater can warm an area of 100 feet. Its infrared ability works to warm individuals directly than taking in air and heating it. Its sleek design is not only durable but also provides a soft glow that isn’t distracting.
Electric Heaters For Smaller Balconies and Patios
Tradesman and Tripod Outdoor Infrared Heater
This heater is ideal for small areas, and its tripod frame enables it to be set up in multiple ways, including mounting it on the wall. Weather-proof and sturdy this heater can endure some pretty harsh conditions while still being convenient and portable.
Electric Heaters On A Budget
Remington REM-211CF-120 Radiant 1200W Electric Portable Heater
An affordable option for individuals who want the luxury of moving a small heater around and enjoying a low-commitment price. These heaters may not be the most attractive thing on our list, but they provide everything that you would need in a slim design. It has a reasonably discreet design with an impressive amount of square footage reaching up to 165 sq feet!
Electric Heaters With Most Energy Efficient Ratings
RADtec Designer Series 3200W Electric Infrared Patio Heater
This electric heater made it on our list because of its durability and its efficiency. This heater is a fast favorite as it’s encased in a sleek, versatile design that operates with neatly no noise, emits zero light, and no smell. Its efficiency works to distribute even amounts of instant, controllable heat that keep the home cozy without being an eyesore.
Duraflame Freestanding Infrared Quartz Fireplace Stove
This electric heater is a fun addition to the home. It provides the ambiance of a warm fireplace effect as logs glow, and the ember bed is controlled with (or without) heat all year long. The material used on the product remains neutral, so it’s safe around animals and kids and offers to overheat protection at an affordable price.
Electric Heaters With The Most Style
Shade 1,500-Watt Black Mounted Electric Patio Heater with Remote
This heater hangs from the ceiling in a sophisticated ebony shade that works dually as a means of light and to expend heat. With 1500 watt power, it has a range of 3 distinct heat settings and a metal cord that will alleviate any space in its modern design.
1,500 Watt Infrared Parasol Electric Patio Heater
A heater that adds warmth without compromising style. It is discreetly hidden beneath an umbrella and easily connects to home apps for Android and iOS smartphones for added comfort and ease for control.
Is An Electric Heater Safe?
Electric heaters should have a label that certifies that it has been tested within a laboratory setting, and all safety-features have been tested for its consumer.
Electric heaters are made with weatherproof capabilities, but to help understand all the electric heater components, read carefully the instruction manual provided, and make sure that all warning labels are understood and followed. This will help work as a preventative measure and also to know how to operate the heater in the safest way possible.
Typically electronic heaters are manufactured to be weather-resistant and for both inside and outside use. If using a balcony or patio, it is advisable to keep the outlet covered by some extra precautions and safety structure, just for added peace of mind during some more questionable weather. If you would like more information regarding safety of patio heaters click here.
Can I Use Electronic Heaters Inside?
Yes! Several types of heaters can work inside and outside. As electric heaters do not require ventilation, their versatility can complement just about any room in a home. However, that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be used with caution.
Although there are no actual flames or gas, this doesn’t mean that the product doesn’t reach high temperatures, and extra attention to what’s around them isn’t needed. Because of the temperatures it can reach, individuals must pay special attention to placement.
Ensure that these are in areas away from children or pets who could potentially interact with it unintentionally or reach something that can potentially become a fire hazard. Individuals who purchase electric heaters should never leave them on while unattended for the same reasons.
Make Your Balcony Delightful with an Electric Heater
Depending on the balcony or patio, an electric heater will complement the home’s ambiance and space with elegance and ease. From budget-friendly electric heaters to heaters with more modern components, there’s bound to be something that will elevate your space and bring more comfort to the home.
Leave a Reply