Have you ever driven through your neighborhood and stopped the car because of a funny outdoor sign? Whether they feature a sarcastic welcome into a home, a political jab at a candidate, or a hilarious poke at solicitors, outdoor signs have become staples when it comes to homeownership. They are a way to make your home memorable.
There are different categories of funny outdoor signs homeowners can put in their yard. It is important to remember that the sign you display says something about you to the world. This is not just a comment you make to a colleague at work or, worse, a social media post. These signs introduce who you are and what you believe to the public.
Different Categories of Funny Outdoor Signs
Around one in five people have said they display a sign in their yard, and many times they go for funny outdoor signs. It is common to see signs featuring political candidates or advertisements, but outdoor signs that are funny are so much more entertaining. There are more than a few categories of funny outdoor signs, including the following.
- Funny outdoor signs about politics
- Funny outdoor signs regarding solicitors/no soliciting
- Funny outdoor signs about alcohol
- Funny outdoor signs about music
- Funny outdoor signs about gardens and gardening
- Funny outdoor signs warning others
- Funny outdoor signs about visitors and/or trespassers
- Funny outdoor signs poking fun at the neighbors
- Funny outdoor signs referencing yourself and your home
There are too many funny outdoor signs to count. They make fun of current or past candidates, scare off solicitors, or even playfully tease one’s own neighbors. Below are three common categories and numerous examples of each one to help give you a laugh:
Funny Signs Based on Politics
Politics are certainly not fun and can cause decisive conversation. Political outdoor signs, however, can be hilarious when done correctly. No matter your political affiliation, there are funny political signs for Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and everyone in between. Some amusing signs that can be found online include:
- Cats 2020. Because humans suck.
- Diapers and Politicians Should be Changed Often. Both for the Same Reason.
- (Insert party here)…We Are Not Perfect, But They Are Nuts…
- If All the Politicians Were Drowning, And You Had Time to Only Save One…What Kind of Sandwich Would You Make?
- Friends Don’t Let Friends Vote (insert party here).
- “It’s Not My Fault, Blame It On 2020,” from Everyone.
- Elle and Bruiser Woods 2020…We’re Both Gemini Vegetarians. (This is a nod to 2001’s “Legally Blonde.”)
A funny yard sign is not just a creative way to decorate your front or backyard. What is on the yard sign is actually a representation of you—your personality, your ethics, and yes, your political beliefs. If you are worried about promoting a political candidate or ideology, even in jest, maybe stick to people everyone dislikes: solicitors.
Funny Signs Based on Something No One Likes: Solicitors
From windows to solar panels to restaurant menus, the door-to-door sales industry is still a lucrative business. Many homeowners, however, do not appreciate being solicited at home on their front doorstep. Luckily, there are funny outdoor signs that both residential areas and commercial businesses can use to, hopefully, scare solicitors off:
- We’re too broke to buy anything from you, we don’t want “free” solar panels, we already have a security system, and we know who we are voting for, only knock if you have Thin Mints.
- No Soliciting – Seriously, unless you are Amazon or have tacos, kindly go away.
- Do Not Ring the Doorbell – Our baby is sleeping, the dog barks, and we are tired. We found religion, we love our vacuum, we have a great security system, our kids sell the same junk yours do.
- No Soliciting – Unless you are here to babysit or clean the house for free, have a great day and move on.
- Solicitors will be eaten by zombies.
- GO AWAY
Funny outdoor signs are memorable and can help scare sellers when the sign “no soliciting” does not work. They can keep solicitors from trying to take your time up listening to their sales pitch. Yet, the best form of humor is making fun of yourself. There are numerous miscellaneous types of everyday outdoor home signs that get a laugh.
Everyday Home Signs, from Music to Landscapes to Alcohol
There are various categories of funny outdoor signs that tell your neighbors you are having a good time or need your space. Whether your signs are about your lawn, the music you like to play, or even about having a cocktail, funny outdoor signs can be great icebreakers. Or, they can be used to deter those pesky, nosey neighbors.
Some folks are not shy about alcohol or their love for it.
- Alcohol – Because no great story ever started with someone eating a salad.
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT - My collection makes it easy to find the perfect gift for friends and family.
- REAL WOOD - Unlike most, ours are printed on SOLID wood, not particle board scraps like most.
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA - All of my designs are printed here in the USA at our studio in Tomball, TX
- I am outdoorsy – I drink wine on my porch.
- Thick, 24-gauge steel
- Rounded corners with holes for easy hanging
- This is the full shade/indoor version.
Everyone understands the love for music. Some people want to display that love in the form of an outdoor sign.
- Our neighbors listen to great music, whether they like it or not.
- Funny Novelty Metal Sign Make a Great Sarcastic Gift For Friend Brother Neighbor Joke
- Perfect Wall Decoration For a Man Cave Bar or Garage Shop Home Office Work
- 12" x 8" Aluminum Sign Indoor Or Outdoor Makes a Great Gift For Christmas Birthday Father's Day Anniversary
- Danger, loud music.
- If our music offends you, please let us know. We can all use a good laugh.
If you love gardening and you are proud of it, do not stop at your garden! Throw an outdoor sign out to make it known.
- Free weeds, pull your own.
- Free Weeds yard sign - Plant this sign in your yard and watch friends, neighbors, even a casual passersby grab a few dandelions and some creeping Charlie. It's worth a try.
- Cast iron - Durable, weather-proof sign is made from cast iron and finished with a warm bronze patina.
- Eco-friendly lawn care - Don't spray your lawn with harsh chemicals, instead pull a weed or two. Maybe visitors will pitch in too.
- I love it when you talk dirt to me.
- Made in USA
- Recycled Metal
- Can Be Used Indoor or Outdoors
- Gardener’s recipe: one part soil, two parts water, three parts wishful thinking!
These are not true warnings, but they are funny warnings to get someone’s attention and make them laugh.
- Warning! This sign is only a distraction.
- Warning – this property is protected by a highly-trained snake.
- Made with High Grade Aluminum
- Does not Include Pre-drilled Holes
- Can withstand the weather
- Keep the gate closed, no matter what the chickens say.
- VISIBLE WARNING: This vibrant black, white and red Keep Gate Closed sign with its humorous message, is sure to let people know that your rooster, hens and chicks may get loose if they don’t heed the...
- DURABLE AND LONG LASTING: Embossing the border, copy and images increases the .024" aluminum's natural strength three hundred percent and enables us to provide a 3D appearance to your graphics....
- WILL NEVER RUST: Made from recycled aluminum which does not rust, only steel and iron do. Great for mounting outdoors on a fence, gate or building’s exterior.
- Warning – never mind the dog. Beware of the owner.
- .060" Heavy Duty Styrene Plastic
- Rounded Corners
- Mounting Holes
- Warning – please do not feed the Sasquatch.
- DIMENSIONS: 12.5"W x 16"H
- EASY TO HANG ART: This Lightweight Metal Tin Sign Comes With Pre-Drilled Holes To Make Displaying A Breeze. The Edges Of Each Tin Sign Are Rolled And Hemmed For Safe Handling.
- CLASSIC VINTAGE DECOR: These Retro Collectible Tin Signs Are A Fun And Attractive Decoration For Your Home, Office, Bar, Restaurant, Dorm, Man Cave Or Garage!
- Beware of…well, just beware.
- Thanks for shopping Din Din Store
Visitors and Neighbors
These funny outdoor signs poke fun at visitors and neighbors. If you choose to put these signs in your yard, hopefully, you have light-hearted people with a sense of humor in your neighborhood.
- Hippity hoppity, please get off my property.
- Made with High Grade Aluminum
- Made with High Quality Vinyl
- Can withstand the weather
- I do not care if you see me in my yard. If I say I am not home, I am not home.
Your Family and Home
Even when posting funny outdoor signs about yourself, you do need to remember that humor is subjective. What may be hilarious to you could be very offensive to the couple living right across the street from you. On the other hand, a funny outdoor sign could be the conversation starter that makes you a new friend.
A funny outdoor sign about your family or home could establish rapport with the neighbor you have not yet met. If you make someone laugh, they will enjoy being around you. In the end, everyone likes a good laugh. So, here are a few honorable mentions:
- Welcome to our OOL…notice there is no “P” in it. Let us keep it that way.
- Remember, if we get caught…you are deaf, and I do not speak English.
- Beware – my sense of humor may hurt your feelings.
- Retired person on the premises. Knows everything and has plenty of time to tell it.
- Yard sale – our crap could be your crap!
- I am no longer accepting any deposits from your dog.
- I am a jerk – I am not running for anything. I just really wanted a sign.