When you’re setting up a poolside oasis or want to set up a wet bar for the deck, undercounter refrigerators can provide cold drinks for homeowners and guests without forcing people to go back inside for them every time.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the best outdoor undercounter refrigerators available on the market to add to your patio setup. These refrigerators can add functionality and convenience to any outdoor space.
EdgeStar Built-In Outdoor Beverage Cooler
The Edgestar Built-In Outdoor Beverage Cooler is a great basic option for your outdoor cooling needs. This unit has all of the amenities of a full indoor refrigerator but is compact enough to fit on a patio without getting in the way. The stainless-steel design is durable against the elements, and its standard twenty-four-inch width can easily be installed under most counter spaces.
Here are some of the notable features of the Edgestar Built-In Outdoor Beverage Cooler:
- 4-shelf capacity: The four glass shelves inside the Edgestar can hold up to 142 12 ounce standard cans. This provides plenty of cold beverages for both homeowners and houseguests.
- Locking mechanism: This refrigerator comes with a factory-installed lock so that alcoholic beverages can be kept securely inside the refrigerator without anyone having to worry about children or teenagers getting access to them.
- Digital temperature controls: Modern digital temperature controls make it easy to read the refrigerator’s temperature and adjust it.
- LED lighting: Cool blue interior LED lighting makes it easy for homeowners to find the drink they’re looking for even after dark.
If you’re looking for an outdoor refrigerator that’s quiet and offers sleek style, EdgeStar is a good brand to check into.
Frigidaire Retro Bar Fridge with Side Bottle Opener
For homeowners wanting to add some retro flair to their outdoor patio, this bar fridge from Frigidaire is reminiscent of a Chevrolet Bel Air convertible from the late fifties. The Frigidaire Retro Bar Fridge comes in seven different colors:
- Moonbeam (Platinum)
At less than a hundred and fifty dollars, this retro bar fridge is much more affordable than some undercounter refrigerators, even though the capacity may be relatively small. Along with its many color options, here are a few other features of the Frigidaire Retro Bar Fridge:
- Built-in bottle opener: The built-in bottle opener on the side of the refrigerator is convenient and prevents homeowners from having to keep and store a separate bottle opener if they prefer glass bottled drinks.
- Slide-out shelves: The two slide-out, spill-proof shelves in the refrigerator are easily removable, which makes cleaning this patio fridge a snap.
The affordable price on this refrigerator makes it a great choice for homeowners that are restricted to a tight budget, but it also means that some of the trim and handle materials are a little more flimsy than other models. However, for its price, this fridge does a great job keeping drinks nice and cold.
NewAir Beverage Refrigerator Cooler
The NewAir Beverage Refrigerator Cooler holds up to 126 cans, which makes it perfect for outdoor poolside or bar storage to carry everything from beer to sodas for the kids. The adjustable-height shelves make it easy for homeowners to store differently sized items easily, and the glass-front door is good for finding the drink you want in a hurry.
Here are some of the other features that make the New Air cooler a good choice to go under your outdoor counter:
- Seven temperature settings: Seven different temperature settings allows you to customize the coldness of the fridge for various alcoholic beverages. Wine and beer, for example, are typically stored at different temperatures for best taste.
- Freestanding unit: While this cooler fits easily under most standard counters, it can also stand easily on its own to act as a stand or side table.
- Double-paned insulated glass: The double-paned glass in the door of this cooler retains visibility but allows the cooler to keep drinks just as cold as metal-faced refrigerators without running up a huge utility bill.
- Reversible recessed handle: The reversible handle on the fridge door allows it to be opened easily from either direction. This can increase the fridge’s versatility when it comes to planning the layout of an undercounter space.
The NewStar cooler is a relatively economical model at less than three hundred dollars, but it still provides the efficiency and convenience of more expensive brands.
BLACK + DECKER Mini Fridge with Freezer
Black and Decker is one of the most well-known names in appliances and small handheld power tools, and with good reason. This brand has a long-standing reputation for reliability and efficiency. This mini fridge is no exception to the rule and comes in three different color options – white, gray, and black.
Despite being on the low end of the price range at just under a hundred and fifty dollars, this Black and Decker mini fridge features several of the amenities available in larger units, such as a built-in freezer.
Here are a few of the other design aspects of the Black and Decker Mini Fridge that make it one of the best outdoor undercounter refrigerators:
- R600a Refrigerant: Runs on modern cooling agent that doesn’t cause damaging ozone emissions like outdated versions of refrigerant.
- 45 db operation: Even in hot weather, you won’t be able to hear this fridge operating. At forty-five decibels or lower, it’s as quiet as a library whisper or distant birdsong.
- Adjustable thermostat control: A digital thermostat allows you to set the temperature of your refrigerator exactly where you want it.
You might be more familiar with the name Black and Decker when it comes to hand drills versus refrigerators. However, the brand brings its reputation for stylish design and reliable operation to home appliances too.
Kalamera Stainless Steel Beverage Cooler
The Kalamera beverage cooler might not have a stand-out design feature, but what it lacks in originality it makes up for in dependability.
This undercounter refrigerator comes in at just under eight hundred and fifty dollars, putting it on the higher end of the price range for the fridges we’re looking at in this product guide. The higher price comes with high-quality construction materials such as stainless steel and glass rather than plastic, however.
These are some of the other notable design features of the Kalamera Beverage Cooler:
- Variable capacity: While the more expensive model of the Kalamera holds 154 cans, there is also a less expensive, smaller model that holds 104. These two choices give you some options with regards to where you end up fitting your fridge and how much storage space you need out of it.
- Temperature memory function: The temperature memory function on the thermostat restores the set temperature in the fridge if the power is temporarily cut off, preventing the drinks or food inside from fluctuating in temperature during a momentary power loss.
- Modern LED display: Along with digital thermostat controls, this compact fridge offers an LED display of the temperature that is easily read from the front of the fridge, allowing you to know exactly how cold it is at all times.
For someone who is looking for a sturdy workhorse of a compact fridge to go under their outdoor bar counter, the undercounter fridges at Kalamera are well worth a look.
Outdoor Refrigerators Are the Perfect Patio Companion
No matter which model of outdoor undercounter refrigerator you go with, adding one to your outdoor patio setup can make it easier to entertain guests without having to excuse yourself to the kitchen constantly to wait on them. With a strong functioning outdoor fridge, nobody will have to leave the party to get a fresh drink.